We chose our favorite books from this year’s Tenement Talks. A Herculean feat! Each of us who work closely on the Talks chose our Top 5, but it could easily have been Top 10. We loved each of the 75 events we hosted this year, but these were the books that touched us the most personally. Needless to say, they'd all make great gifts, too.
Amanda, Tenement Talk Curator:
- When Everything Changed, Gail Collins
- The Snakehead, Patrick Radden Keefe
Helene, Museum Shop:
- Triangle: The Fire that Changed America, David von Drehle
Brooklyn, Colm Toibin
- Let the Great World Spin, Colum McCann
- Automats, Taxi Dances, and Vaudeville, David Freeland
, William Grimes Appetite City
- On the Irish Waterfront, James T. Fisher- My Red Blood, Alix Dobkin
Don't forget, you can listen to podcasts of some of these talks on the Tenement Museum website. And 2010 is shaping up to be another great season! Sign up to be on the Tenement Talks list - email us at events [at] tenement [dot] org.